In this week's Makeup Wars, we're talking about our favorite ways to get a summer glow. While that could include your favorite self-tanners, bronzers, or even skin care techniques, I'm focusing on my absolute favorite: highlighters. While there are always the golden oldies I've mentioned (like my top 5 drugstore highlighters), there are also some new products that deserve a spot in your summer makeup routine.
Top Summer Glow-Getters:
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Press in Moonstone: These cult classics live up the the hype! For a highlight powder that's ultra-fine for a natural, but intense glow, all of these are perfection. While #2 on this list seems to be the most popular, Moonstone is worth a mention for those who want a yellow-tones champagne highlight.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Press in Opal: For the same high-impact glow with a peach twist, Opal is the shade to reach for.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Pearl: If liquid is your thing, BECCA makes some that are amazing as well. I recommend getting the spotlight trio to try multiple shades (although only Pearl is pictured).
- Colourpop Highlighter in Wisp: Although new, these highlighters quickly made my list of favorites for their buttery smooth texture and intense pigmentation.
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow: For a truly lit-from-within glow, this illuminating primer will make your complexion look smooth, flawless, and glowing.
- ELF Studio Baked Blush in Pinktastic: You don't have to spend big for a serious glow. ELF's $3 bake blush packs some serious highlight for a glow that keeps going.
- City Color Glowing Complexion Illuminating Cream: Liquid highlight lovers won't want to miss this budget friendly buy. The champagne pink glow makes it perfect for wearing over top of your makeup, mixed in with your foundation, and even worn along your collarbones.
- Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder in Gold Digger: For an over-the-top gold goddess glow, this is the highlighter I reach for.
- Hard Candy Glow All The Way Ombre Blush in Punch: This finely milled pink-toned highlight comes with a super pigmented blush to match!
- NARS Dual-Intensity Blush in Craving: While not all of the duos contain a highlight, Craving has one that's soft, slightly iridescent, and very natural-looking, with a satin bronzer to match!
What are your favorite summer glow-getters?