Halloween is a holiday for makeup-lovers, but even the most elaborate costumes don't have to break the bank! Using makeup items that you can repurpose in your everyday routine, there are endless possibilities for costumes that are semi-intricate, yet totally recognizable. This year, I've teamed up with Coupons.com to show you how to get one of the most recognized looks from the upcoming movie The Hunger Games: Catching Fire without spending a fortune. Bonus: stay tuned for the end of the post where you'll find a giveaway for a $100 e-gift card to Sephora so you can snag your own Halloween look affordably.
With a $50 gift card kindly provided, discounts from my Sally's card, and a heads up on Sally Beauty Supply discounts from Coupons.com, I was able to snag everything pictured above without going more than a few dollars over. Here's what I did to get the look:
1. Create an even base with a full coverage foundation and use a medium coverage concealer to correct discoloration and blemishes.
2. Prime eyes and lips to keep makeup staying perfect all night.
3. Lightly apply bronzer to give a natural, contoured glow to the cheeks and brush a soft shimmery pink blush on the apples for a natural, iridescent flush.
4. Apply a soft black or smoky grey to eyelids for a smoky effect and dab a small amount of red in the inner corner for a subtle pop.
5. Use false lashes to create a dramatic lash line or use a mascara primer to plump the appearance of lashes without the lash glue and falsies.
6. Finish the eye look with rhinestones applied along the lower lash line - nail gems make for the perfect size for the eye area.
7. Last, dab a light pink lip color on for a subtle flush.
8. Complete the look by looking pensively into the camera like you are going to conquer The Capitol and liberate the citizens of Panem.
- femme couture Get Flawless Foundation
- Palladio Herbal Liquid Concealer
- femme couture Monster lash Mascara Primer
- Palladio Eye Shadow & Liner Herbal Crayon in In the Buff & Gold Dust
- Real Colors Smolder Eyes Shadow Palette in Faux Pas
- Real Colors Bask Illuminating Bronzer in Cabana
- femme couture Lip Creme Lip Primer in Neutral
- femme couture Prime Wear Diamond Color in Radiant Rose
- Cina Dial-A-Gem Kit
While you might not need to purchase a full face of makeup to complete the look, it's fantastic to know that you can without blowing your budget. Don't forget to check out the giveaway (U.S. only) below for a chance to get the ultimate dal on this year's Halloween look!
Do you have your costume for Halloween?